Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year blog reader. by geniusofdespair

Looking back on the year I have much to be thankful for. Looking forward I have much to tackle.

I am thankful for each day that, when I turn on my computer, it works. I never expected to be so connected to a machine. During the hurricane it was the thing I most missed. Love the computer. I am also thankful for Miami’s strangeness and diversity. Miami keeps my mind active and keeps me busy. I could never muddle through life in a place like Charlotte, where roads are named after evangelists. I am thankful for you, a reader of this blog. You ignore my grammatical mistakes and keep coming back. Twenty three years of blogging, how time flies. Thanks for sticking with Eye On Miami.

Things to do/support this year:
Strong Mayor January 23rd
Term Limits for the County Commission
Do a lot of Public Records Requests
Maybe choose a party (Independent now)
Find some guest bloggers


P.S. Don’t miss this one January 4th! The Urban Environment League is hosting a Strong Mayor Debate. Senator Gwen Margolis, the former Chair of the County Commission will debate (of all people) Shiny and New Commission Chair Bruno Barreiro. Good theatre, I am not kidding, this will be fun...: 6 to 8 p.m. Jan. 4 at the American Legion Hall, 6445 NE Seventh Ave. (East of Biscayne Boulevard)

No comments: