Saturday, December 30, 2006

This is a joke letter in the Miami Herald right? LOL by Geniusofdespair

Lobbyists work hard on public's behalf by Bob Levy - LOBBYIST – was very funny. Lobbyists do not work for the public good Bob: They work for their CLIENT’S good. Yes, I know, everyone has to make a living and in some instances, the public might benefit as an aside. But hell, Bob, even Jesus had to chase the money changers from the temple.

I will let this letter by Bob in response to a Grimm Editorial (what is going on with Grimm lately, getting hard-edged?) stand on it’s own but this quote by Bob is priceless:

“I view the role of a lobbyist as an educator”

Bob Levy mainly lobbies the State not our crude County Commission. He isn't even listed in a couple of the county lobbyists books I have at hand for past years. Bob is best known as a JUDGE Maker. He and that black lipsticked, stiletto heeled woman, Susan, get judges elected for big price tags. They are the rain makers for judges.

To see these two side by side Susan and Bob -- well you just have to see them for yourself. They seldom stand side by side. Susan is a very sour woman. I would suppose they hate each other but I really don't know. Maybe those stiletto heels make her sour - when you get up there in age, like she is, those things really hurt. You can always hear her coming: click, click, click. I don't dare turn around as she always says something mean-spirited and who needs that. Most lobbyists are rather jovial. Who wouldn't be happy raking in all that dough. Just Susan I guess.

Bob and Susan are always running candidates against each other's candidates -- jacking up the prices I would presume.

Too early to talk about lobbyists - I don't want to upchuck my cherrios.

P.S. Did any of you know there was a Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists? Well apparently there is according to Bob. Too Funny. We are so wacky in Florida - my somber mood is picking up. http://www.lobbyethics.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lobbyists & political consultants=corruption!