Sunday, March 25, 2018

More photos and videos from Washington DC MARCH FOR OUR LIVES. By Geniusofdespair

The kids were from everywhere — Tennesse, Alabama, Massachusetts, New York, etc. What was it like to be there? It was like the Vietnam Nam war protest except painfully polite. People marching is logistically better than having them crushed in one place for 3 hours. I paid and got a front-row seat in the balcony of the Newseum. Seeing that sea of people from my perch on the balcony was jaw dropping. But, being on the ground and looking into their proud, determined faces, I now have hope for our future. My heart soared. I told as many as I could: “You give me hope.”


Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson  











Two Miami Women


Looking Towards The Capitol Building


Looking in Opposite Direction






Also see: yesterday- more photos

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome videos and pictures,Thank you for supporting this amazing young adults.

Anonymous said...

There is so much restored hope happening. The tide is changing.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this beautiful collection of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Way more people than attended Trump's sad inauguration. I hope he's watching the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 Minutes tonite.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. America needed this as it gives hope in the midst of chaos. Thank you Stoneman Douglas, it was a breath of fresh air!!!!!!! Speaker after speaker brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and videos. The hope is that these great kids and their friends and families who can vote will follow through and vote in large numbers in the 2018 election. That is the hope to help save our democracy.

Anonymous said...

Now the math students at Parkland need to bring their skills to the table. Elections are about numbers. There may be some elections that they could take in Nov. Those FL house seats are very tiny in terms of the number of people needed to win them. There maybe some others too. The sooner they begin to take over, the better. With 18 yr. olds, parents whose kids will force them to register and vote, and people who will support their candidates because they want change, they may be able to get the nation going with some of their elected officials in the next election.

Anonymous said...

Waking up the normies.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being there. The pictures are great and the feeling greater. I had wished to get to DC as I did for Womens March but I worked until 6pm Friday. I did March with the 2500 here on the Beach. It was a great crowd. I too have had a glimmer of hope restored in the shadow of these horrific tragedies. VOTE THEM OUT!

Anonymous said...

At Tropical Park, where I went, about 500 gathered at a rally organized by a Coral Reef student. Only one crazy screaming that pharmaceuticals created the gunmen. There was a sea of good people and we all knew this is the beginning of an ongoing fight.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you, Genius, for doing what you do...YOU give us hope!

Anonymous said...

I video taped the C-SPAN version so I can replay it when I am depressed on what's going on in government.