Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Roy Moore Problem for Women and Children. By Geniusofdespair


I believe them.

Sex abuse can feel shameful. What did I do in this instance? (this is my third ME TOO post.)

When I was young, I went to the movies with my older brother and he sat on my right. A man sat next to me on the left. His hand was soon on my thigh. I thought 'what should I do.'

Children are intimidated by many adults. The authoritarian power is unfortunate for the young with poor judgement.

It never occurred to me to tell or nudge my brother. I just sat very still. I made believe I was a stone. I didn't move a muscle. I thought, if I am not there - it is not happening. I never looked at the man. I just sat as still as I could.

I was ashamed of myself for his hand. What else happened? I don't know. It is shame that keeps us quiet for decades.

I don't remember anything except the decision I had to make, why didn't I just get my brother's attention. Why?
 ---------
My younger sister was in her young teens (she is pictured in my post yesterday). Her dentist was abusing her. She finally told my parents. What did they do? Call the Police? No, they just stopped her from going to that dentist.  That is sexual abuse for you. Push it under the rug and it is out of sight....but it is NEVER out of mind. My sister won't talk about it.

----------

In my other post I choose to keep the identity of the Lawyer secret. I said if he ran for something I would call him. I just could not bare going through the trauma unless it was for the good of the community. I think these women who were abused as girls are heroes to come forward. Donald Trump should be ashamed for doubting them. He says it was 40 years ago.  I say: "So what?". To those who have been abused, each instance feels like yesterday, scorched in our soul forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got it. They believe in child rape. The clue for me was when he said he "always asked their mothers." He must have violated many little girls given his long reign in powerful roles in that state. There are many, many victims. We need to begin to watch that state for a culture that supports child rapes. They clearly don't believe that it is a big violation of humankind.