Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Good Friend Manny Garcia Resigns as Managing Editor of El Nuevo Herald. By Geniusofdespair

You can work for Eye on Miami Manny. Only one snag, no pay.

Say it ain't so Manny! I have lost 99% of my friends at the Herald. Manny Garcia is a great guy and super newsman. He knew how to get the best out of his reporters and he made El Nuevo Herald a scoop rival to the Miami Herald. I really respect him and his advice. Manny I thank you for all your support and friendship. He is leaving to become Editor of the Naples Daily News.  Ohh, will he be happy in the "Elephants' Burial Ground",  home of Rick Scott?  Hope so.

Enrique Flor, Daniel Shoer Roth and Melissa Sanchez...you have lost a super mentor, but you can call me anytime - I will give you good advice: "Call Manny".

Mizell Stewart III of Scripps News with Garcia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a sorry newspaper with a storied history. Manny was right to get out. The Herald is like a double AA team feeder. I feel sorry for the big leaguers who still work at the Herald.

Youbetcha' said...

I am sorry to see Manny leave. But, he wrote the tough stuff and pondered why things were the way they are in South Florida. And like so many journalists in Miami Herald history they do those things and they get chased out or burned out.

Manny, you did a good job, thanks.