Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gay Marriage: Why? By Geniusofdespair

Bill of Random Pixels posted a video that really got to me. It was the best defense for Gay Marriage I ever saw. The video depicts Romney speaking with an older Gay veteran in New Hampshire. Romney recites his mantra to the veteran a couple of times "Marriage is between a man and a woman" The veteran wasn't buying. Why shouldn't a couple get the same burial benefits whether man and man or man and woman?
DO NOT MISS THIS VIDEO.

It transformed me to listen to this guy after Romney walks away (2:43 on the counter).

I ran into a gay man I am friends with in Costco buying diapers for his aging gay lover (they have been together for the 20 years I know both of them). My friend has been taking care of his partner these past few years as the man's health has taken a turn for the worse.  I believe this man loves his partner as much as I love mine. I myself would be staying far away from adult diapers - love or not. I just don't understand why people can't simply accept how others live their lives. Why are we fighting over such stupid things? To be crystal clear, I am not saying gay marriage is stupid, I am saying that telling someone else what is right for them in their life is stupid.

8 comments:

Caesar said...

Next someone will want to marry their pet for the burial benefits. The whole thing is sick.

Anonymous said...

Little minds...

Rick said...

Yes, Caesar, because that's the natural progression of things. If we let people marry the person they love, then they'll start marrying their pets. Barnyard animals will be next. That's rational, logical thinking.

Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that you also think Allen West rocks and that Fox News is fair and balanced?


.

Anonymous said...

Thanks .. a remarkable man who served his country well - and who makes a straight forward case for equality of marriage rights. Romney looked so small next to him - small minded, smug and unkind. I hope this video gets a lot of viewers.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Here's a post where I agree with G.o.D. I'm still a moron, but I can agree with him on this! ...stupid things indeed...

Anonymous said...

What's the difference between the Mittster and Miss Lynda?

Lipstick.

mechanesthesia said...

These politicians are all puppets. Their view on these "hot button" issues as well as their fake "Christian beliefs" are all a ploy to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's a numbers game.

This man is brave for looking him in the eye and asking right to his face. It's so sad how our whole political process is one big show and how we have to depend on these clowns for their basic rights.

Anonymous said...

If a man can marry another man why can't a man marry his sister if he loves her and want to marry her? Why the discrimination?