Monday, April 23, 2012

What Can I Complain About Today? How About Some Readers. Geniusofdespair

Sometimes I get really mad writing this blog. I know I complain a lot but I actually do something, I don't just complain. I try to make changes for the better. I talk to candidates, I give money, I go to endless mind-numbing meetings, I hold elected officials accountable, I do research, I inform the public and if I support something I go out and do the work i.e. get signatures (recall, Amendment 4), hold signs for candidates, canvass, get people out to vote.

I worked hard to expose some of the fraud surrounding absentee ballots in a 3 Part Series on Absentee Ballot fraud.

Now, in response the Elections Department is trying to do something about it. Instead of focusing on what is good about this, readers are complaining on who is administering the program. Don't they understand that when someone is doing something good, they should be commended? There is a time and a place to complain. This isn't the time or the place. I worked too hard to make a dent. I resent readers bashing elections here. I tried for many years to get Lester Sola to do some positive things about absentee ballot fraud. Never happened. The leadership now is OPEN to make positive changes. What more do you want? What I want now is for you to volunteer for the program. Even if you hate the people in Elections, it is what we have, when you are really lucky, you can get rid of what you have that irks you: The recall of Natacha Seijas. Her ouster wasn't done with complaints, that was done with action, a lot of work by Vanessa Brito. When I delivered my petitions the place was piled high with petitions and there were 3 people working on processing them. People were coming and going. It was a tremendous undertaking.

You have to work with what you have sometimes because giving up is never an option.

6 comments:

Cato EMPEROR OF MIAMI said...

Stop whining about readers some of us have to work long hours just to make ends meet barely get to see our kids , forego vacations etc etc. Part of our load is property taxes to pay for extrvagant DOE salaries and now they want ME to sit in an ALF for free?
Sorry G.O.D. I sicerely apprciate what you are trying to do, BUT they've had the money and resources to get this done for a long time so they won't see my sorry overworked taxed to shit ass "volunteering."

Geniusofdespair said...

Volunteering is not going to work for everyone Cato, but those that can't volunteer or those that don't vote can't sit on the sidelines and just complain all the time.

Geniusofdespair said...

I took this comment from yesterday's post and I am pasting it here as it fits:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be optimistic here. At least we now have a law with some teeth! I hope the naysayers will volunteer or at least attend the training to look and see what they're trying to do.

Between the ALF abuse scandal which the Herald covered (and won an award for) and the AB scandal, which Eye on Miami (GoD in particular) covered as ferociously, how about a "Thank you"!

To all of those who want to bash the elections department, can't say I don't agree with some comments, except this issue is our democracy at stake with voter tampering and continued abuse of human beings as victims of their caretakers. What part of this is so wrong don't some of you get? Are you really that short sighted?

I wish the elections department the best and hope 2012 brings a clean election - well, cleaner than normal for Miami! And, I truly hope candidates don't get determined by the AB vote. If they do, we at least know where and who to put the microscope on?

By the way - is anyone watching Sasha the AB queen or the husband of RTL Lynda's aid? Those two should be doing the perp walk soon enough - I hope!

April 23, 2012

Anonymous said...

Cato, Your overworked butt doesn't stop you from reading blogs does it?

Have faith, this can start as a volunteer program and become a model for the rest of the Nation as a requirement.

As voting switches over to Absentee Ballots, and it is switching thanks to the Republican Party, we need safeguards. I'll take a volunteer program as a good beginning.

Anonymous said...

You are content with crumbs? Where's the bread?

Ross Hancock said...

Absentee ballot brokers are getting into judicial races now. See this.

The big guys are going to want to buy ballots to reject our best state Supreme Court judges this year. They want to control all three branches of Florida's government.

This volunteer program is probably the single most important thing to focus on in this year's elections.