Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Eye on Miami Anniversary is Election Day. By Geniusofdespair

We started this blog Nov. 6th on election day in 2006 out of frustration. In my first blog I urged everyone to vote.  We have been blogging 5 years now and are nearing 6,000 post entries. Every election day I reminisce, looking back on the years before.

Are elections these days any better? My opinion, NO. Pretty much money rules. They might be worse because the Political Action Committee's are on the rise as are other entities funneling money to campaigns with contributions that are hard to trace through a maze of multiple corporations. Additionally, we have about the same percentage of registered voters voting as we did in 2006 - about 15% - so Absentee Ballot Fraud can easily change an election.  The growing use of absentee ballots disturbs me greatly.  I don't think the signatures are scrutinized and there is no way I can prove it because I can't look at the signatures in the Elections Department database.

Still a lot of despair here.

1 comment:

miaexile said...

belated happy bloggiversary

you continue to be a must read for all intelligent matter left in dade county..