Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Esteban Bovo: If I Were A Rich Man...by Geniusofdespair


I looked at new County Commissioner  Estevan Bovo's financial disclosure form for 2010. He took over for Natacha Seijas in District 13. You may ask yourself why someone who has a net worth of $25,898 would take a position paying $6,000 a year especially when they are 49 years old and should be at their peak earning years.

For starters, you make money connected to your County Commission job. In other words, there are perks beyond the car allowance and health care access -- like CONNECTIONS. Joe Martinez now is worth $238,372. He had gone bankrupt a couple of years before he became a County Commissioner. He now works for Delta Five Security - he is 1/3 owner and he brings in $90,646.13. Not bad for someone committed to a job making $6,000 a year especially when you consider his net worth in 2007 was $40,379.

Esteban has $463,138 in mortgages. He estimates the two properties he owns to be worth $415,610. I am sure glad he is managing the budget for Miami Dade County...not. What is the Miami Dade County Budget $6 billion dollars? What is Bovo's net worth again?  Makes me worried he is approving the budget with his financial expertise.

Don't worry Mr. Bovo, you will soon be rich...like Barbara Jordan who was worth $1,881,177 in 2006. During this massive downturn her net worth has advanced to $2,077,281 in 2010, almost a  $200,000 increase.

If I were a rich man,
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dum
All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
If I were a wealthy man. 
(Lyrics from Fiddler on the Roof)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least Fiddler on the Roof is an appropriate song for today! It's the first night of the high holiday's.

nonee moose said...

Nice preemptive strike, GoD.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Genius, have you checked his end of term office budget report in Tallahassee? My investigative skills are not good so I don't know how to get the information but would be interested in knowing what Bovo did with the lump sum State Reps get to run their offices.

Geniusofdespair said...

Send links to your blog to our email.

Anonymous said...

Perfection! A County Commissioner underwater on his mortgage in a County underwater in its economy. Nevertheless, a $6000.00 paycheck as County Commissioner is the surest path to a multi-million dollar net worth.

Anonymous said...

Guess his wife the assistant to Sen. Marco Rubio is the big bread winner in the family.

Anonymous said...

the bovo song from fidler is sung to the tune of matchmaker

Cashmaker, cashmaker
finds me some cash
checks are ok,
gold coins ill catch

Cashmaker Cashmaker
find me some cash
cause i need lots of help
right now

Oh cashmaker i have some land
but its worth less than what I owe
if you my debt undewrite
you can get my vote

so cashmaker cashmaker
finds me some cash
buy me a car
pay at the bar

cashmaker cashmer
please you help me
and then you can move the UDB

David said...

Wow! I don't know this guy at all, but why do we start taking them down before they even get started? If you come in rich, you are a fat cat looking to put on more weight. If you come in poor, you must be motivated to run for office by greed.

Can't we give the guy a chance before blowing him out of the water...please?!

Anonymous said...

I agree Genius.... he is not new at all! I've heard he is being advised by VNS but haven't confirmed yet... Have you found out about his State office budget reports?

Cato II said...

Let's start sharpening our pencils for the recall. EOM should put a countdown clock until we can start the recall on Bovo and Gimenez. Outst 'em all!