Friday, June 24, 2011

My Paparazzi Moment at Mo's Robaina Event. By Geniusofdespair

Apparently the open house-free breakfast yesterday was actually a closed private affair in a back room at Mo's Bagels but I was in the mood for some galuptzi so I went anyway and sat in the main restaurant just to watch (and photograph of course).


Pictured below: Bay Harbor Islands Councilman J.W. Leonard, Julio, Laurie Lichtman, and Dan Wolf, Julio's body man.

Julio and staunch Democrat Joe Geller.

This picture below is particularly funny. We overheard Julio say to his handlers "I am going to get everyone in the restaurant to vote for me!" He walked over to 4 men sitting at a table next to us and said: "I am Julio Robaina running for Mayor, vote for me, I won't let you down, I won't let you down!" He turned and walked back into the private room after that one table, I guess he gave up on turning the whole restaurant. After he left a man at the table he visited said: "He might not let me down but he will fuck-up the whole county."

Looks like there is no love lost between CBS I-Team reporter Jim DeFede and Julio Robaina. Look at Julio's face.

There was plenty of love going around from Julio Robaina to Bay Harbor Islands Councilman Jordan W. Leonard.

I peeked in the room and Joe Celestin, the former North Miami Mayor, was speaking. That didn't impress anyone from Aventura to be sure.

8 comments:

Youbetcha' said...

Love the defede pic...good job,Gen

Anonymous said...

Just when I thought this guy was the smarmiest, weasiliest, politician around, you had to go and throw Joe Geller in to the picture and remind me that the race to the bottom, is a multi-horse race.

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't know what to make of this, but it's hysterical in a very ironic way. The best photo is the one with DeFede, and to the last anon, yes, it is a multi horse race!

Anonymous said...

Jordan Leonard, fresh out of a job in Homestead.

Anonymous said...

Quote of the week or quote of this campaign to anyone thinking about supporting Julio:

After he left a man at the table he visited said: "He might not let me down but he will fuck-up the whole county."

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Is there a list of the actual "VIP's" that appeared? The original list included Jeb Bush, Mario Diaz Balart, Thomas Regalado and more.

Anonymous said...

What about the meet and greet former Homestead Mayor Roscoe Warren hosted for Robaina ?
Did it happen, did anyone get photos ?

Anonymous said...

Did Campbell show up? I think we'd have two trifecta's if he did! What a cesspool - oh please, I don't even want to get in to Celestin but JeB sent out an endorsement letter for his North Miami race way back in the stone ages.

As a long retired (political, not age) Reagan Republican - can we please get our Country and County back?

TIA to the LBA and their financial contributions back to us, the citizens and taxpayers!