Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Guy Activist Lobbyist? LOL. By Geniusofdespair

Link to Video

Miguel DeGrandy was described as a "Good Guy Activist Lobbyist" by Lawyer Kendall Coffey. I fell off my chair and dropped my phone while taking this video in anticipation of hearing this. Now that is an oxymoron for the books Kendall!

I took this at the Good Government's Initiative luncheon where the question was asked: Does Money in Politics Corrupt Absolutely? My answer: "Duh." Others on the panel were our beauty contest winner Kristin Jacobs, Miami Herald columnist Fred Grimm and Gihan Perera of Florida's New Majority.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All Kendall had to do was ask his wife, former MD County Attorney Joanie about DeGrandy!

OMG, I wish I could have been there, but am kind of glad I wasn't. There is not enough duct tape in the world that would have kept my mouth shut on the topic!

Anonymous said...

Like Defede says, it makes you taste a little throw up in your mouth. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Good Guy Activist Lobby PAC formed late at night at some guy's house when nobody was looking.

JaneMiami
(twitter handle)

Anonymous said...

Agree completely. Let's hope the GGI exercises their imagination and chooses an open-ended subject next time. Attendees were underwhelmed, to say the least.