Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mr. Han's in Ocala or was it Gainesville? By Geniusofdespair

We owned 66 acres outside of Gainesville in the late 70's to early 80's. We went to a Chinese restaurant regularly called Mr. Han's in Ocala. It was an exceptional restaurant and the owner Eric Han was a trip. We loved him. Would you believe there was good Chinese food in a redneck area like Ocala? It surprised me. I was having Japanese food tonight and my mind wandered to Eric. I googled his name. It turns out he died May 7, 2009 in a car crash at age 50.

It makes me sad. Even though I haven't been back in almost 30 years (and I could swear it was in Ocala at one time) turns out you never forget good Chinese food. My final words: Eric, you were really a super guy and thanks for ordering for me. Rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was such a character! I remember him roller.skating through the restaurant - so sad to learn of.his passing...

Geniusofdespair said...

I am glad to hear from someone else who remembers Eric....he was a memorable guy. Thank you for your comment.