Thursday, April 14, 2011

May 24th We Will Vote for the Miami Dade County Mayor. By Geniusofdespair

The election is less than 6 weeks away but I have already made up my mind who I am voting for. If you don't have a clue, I have a suggestion for you, don't vote. Those of us who give it thought and do research don't need you to listen to some last minute campaign promises and then make up your mind. Most of the candidates have been around. You just had to watch what they did over the years. For instance, didn't Hialeah's council, under Julio Robaina's leadership, try to do away with term limits for Hialeah? The voters rejected the proposal. Now he supports term limits for County Commissioners. So why did he try to eliminate term limits in Hialeah? This sort of thing will only fly with idiots who have not followed politics here. The Miami Herald reported about Robaina's about-face on term limits:

At the time, Robaina, who had ties to the leader of the political action committee pushing the measure, told The Miami Herald he thought "term limits lead to bad policy."

But now they are good Hialeah Julio? Read the Miami Herald today: "Robaina’s mayoral planks at odds with track record." They compare Julio Robaina's record with his campaign promises. Another example of his flip-flops: First he was for the Marlin's stadium (the video is on the Herald site) and now, while campaigning, he is against the deal.

On another candidate front, never have we been able to see such entertaining videos from a candidate, like Luther Campbell affords us. I do have these moments of saying to myself, don't you want to see what a guy who sang "Pop that Pussy" would do if he wins? I am super, super curious, but not curious enough to actually vote for him. It sure would offend Lynda Bell having Campbell as her Mayor, so that is a definite perk. I guess I would vote for him if he were in the runoff with Julio Robaina. Lynda might have to resign on principle.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would Braman do if Luther Cambell or whatever his name is wins? I would love to see his face!

Anonymous said...

What are Luther's views on Castro? I am just curious. Maybe I will vote for him.

Anonymous said...

Luther would be dating Bells daughter in a flash.

Anonymous said...

None of these gentlemen seem like an improvement over Alvarez to me, but maybe I guess I am missing something.

Cost of election to recall Mayor Alvarez, who was a term-limited lame duck: $5 million.

Cost of election for interim Mayor for 13 months: $5 million.

Cost of run off election for interim Mayor: $5 million.

$15 million tax dollars for what? But it sure seemed like a good idea at the time.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah! We will go and vote and nothing will ever change. This community has gone to hell for good and there is very little that can be done for it! Look at who was appointed the new man at Jackson: CARLOS MIGOYA. A man who proved to be a shit when Regalado appointed him City Manager. And guess who was involved in the selection process? JOE ARRIOLA. Can anyone see the game they are all playing? What the hell is Arriola doing on the Public Health Trust? Migoya claims he saved the City of Mimi from bankruptcy? Oxygen, please! Ill say it again, the Cubans have screwed this community, and I AM CUBAN, OKAY?

Anonymous said...

Bell would be Luke's BFF in no time.

She'd be sportin' a dookie chain wit' phat biker shorts all up there poppin' dat coochie.

Anonymous said...

"Cost of election to recall Mayor Alvarez, who was a term-limited lame duck: $5 million.

Cost of election for interim Mayor for 13 months: $5 million.

Cost of run off election for interim Mayor: $5 million."

Cost of the look on Bell's face if Luke gets elected Mayor? Priceless.

Anonymous said...

I'll see your "Me So Horny" and raise you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMnZolgsRBc

Geniusofdespair said...

OMG - watched your video and you won hands down. Now, I am beginning to rethink this guy. He could be the ultimate protest vote.

Anonymous said...

GO LUTHER! After watching those videos, I'm not sure if I'm even joking.

Oh, Bell, once again the ACLU is "investigating" her actions in regard to saying one thing about stopping the Cuban music festival and than saying she didn't do anything in regard to what she promised to do in a radio interview. Kind of like her campaign, whichever version of her BS you Dist. 8 supporters of her fell for. Time will tell, we're still waiting for those "jobs" and the full utilization of the South Dade Government Center, which she moved out of for higher rent with a kitchen in Palmetto Bay!

But, back to Luther - I may vote for him, I really may.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping Bell would run for Mayor so she'd have to resign from the Commission.......

As to JMH, unbelievable. Martinez was also a driving force in to hiring someone for almost a million dollars a year with absolutely no hospital experience!

Hialeah Julio should be renamed Julio "Pinocchio" Robaina!

I will support Gimenez, but Luther is certainly my second choice now (by the way, I've been laughing so hard I had to pause to post - thanks!) The thoughts going through my mind about turning County Hall upside down are frightening in a very funny way.

David said...

If you read Luther's weekly columns in Miami New Times, you will find him to be an unabashed rascist, shilling for all things afro-centric. We need a mayor that balances the interests of all in the community, not an advocate for one group or another.

If he's elected county mayor, there'll be a high dollar gentleman's club in no time at street level in county hall. Get a lap dance, take the Metro-Mover.

Perfect!

Anonymous said...

No contest....not even close. Carlos Gimenez all the way. He is our only hope.

Anonymous said...

When Channel 7 announced the candidates the other night (yes, I was watching 7)they announced Julio Robaina as the former state rep. and showed a picture of South Miami Julio.
I hope people realize that it's Hialeah Julio who's running and dont confuse the two.

Anonymous said...

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal online and also had the photo of former SR "the good" Julio Robaino picture, but were talking about the Hialeah Julio. They did correct it, but I'm very concerned regarding "the good" Robaino and his Commission candidacy.

I'm just wondering if the media isn't doing it on purpose..........Who knows, it's not the media ever fact checks anymore!

she's not Luther said...

hmmm, this race needs a distaff candidate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCgThbzmkc

Anonymous said...

David: Deliverance Lynda's Hillbilly provlivities trump Luke's Afro-centricities anyday.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I'd prefer Luke to Robaina too. I would like to hear more about Gabrielle Redfern. What little I have learned is very positive.