Monday, February 07, 2011

Superbowl Wrap Up 2011: Too Much Yellow on the Field. By Geniusofdespair


My team didn't win. What can I say about the game? There was too much yellow on the field. The more I drank the worse it became.

I got bored quickly with the halftime show. Maybe it was a "you had to be there" event, like watching fireworks on TV. I only stayed to watch Slash during the halftime show, I am not a Black Eyed Peas fan. I like Christine Aguilera. Even though she flubbed the words a bit, she stayed with The Star Spangled Banner so most people probably didn't really figure out what was happening. I was thinking to myself, I don't remember that line in our National Anthem:

"What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming..."


The best commercial was when Roseann got clobbered.

8 comments:

youbetcha' said...

I didn't watch the game or half time. I watched other things on cable instead.

I will watch the commercials separately on line...

Anonymous said...

...for some reason, I didn't find the commercials that good nor entertaining this year; and what's with the finger-sucking pants-sniffing one?
yuks ..totally wrong ugh

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should have had a few cocktails to make the star spangled banner/game/half time show/commercials better. To me, it all sucked! But, I did like Slash, though hated the butchering/over sung singing!

Gimleteye said...

This year's commercials were the worst ever. Disappointed because usually that's my favorite part of the Superbowl. I also thought the halftime show was insipid. You know what the NFL should do? Hire the team that did the Chinese Olympics opening ceremony. Do a pageant theme thanking China for buying all our debt.

Anonymous said...

Packers! Bringing the Lombardi trophy home!!!!

The commercials did suck. A lot of creepy violence in them too.

Anonymous said...

agree with the above anon, that one with the finger - sucking was very gayish...
agree wih Gimlet, the commercials were my favorites too.
They all sucked

Anonymous said...

If you got more drunk you would have been watching bananas on the field.

youbetcha' said...

Hahahha re: bananas.

Okay Gimmey, I will not even bother to watch the commercials. I will think of something better to do with my time.