Thursday, February 24, 2011

Could Any Glenn Who Spells His Name With Two "N's" Ever Be Right? By Geniusofdespair

Glenn Garvin is always wrong, on just about everything he writes for the Miami Herald. He panned the Housewives of Miami. I thought to myself, how could he? There has to be something redeeming about 6 Miami plastic surgery aficionados especially when one is named Echevarria, wife of Hialeah power broker Herman Echevarria.

I caught 10 minutes of the show. Cristy Rice was insufferable and that is being kind. Nothing annoys me more than a Cuban saying "We Cubans made Miami" and that is exactly what Cristy said. Even if it were true, it is disrespectful to the rest of the community. I agree that Cubans made great contributions to Miami but come on Cristy, use your brain. Oops sorry I forgot, you don't have one. Then three of the housewives were in anguish over showing up too early for a fashion show. So in this instance Glenn (with 2 N's) I have to hand it to you, your review was on the money:

There’s a scene in The Real Housewives Of Miami in which the bell of authenticity chimes incessantly: A Housewife gazes into the camera to offer a triumphant self-definition. “People call me the Cuban Barbie!” she boasts, then adds wistfully: “Poor Barbie. I mean, she’s a doll. She couldn’t talk. So nobody knew how smart or how dumb she was.” Not a problem with this show.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Women this trite live in Miami?

The Chamber of Commerce thinks this show is a good idea? It should be about as appealing to tourists as the crime shows.

Anonymous said...

Vapid Miami women have a platform...this we can never recover from. Chads were small potatoes.

Marty Kohn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for "taking one for the team" and watching, for at least 10 minutes longer than I would have or could have.

I'm sure the Cuban Barbie, or whoever said, the Cuban's made Miami, makes the Flager family and all the family's of the other forefathers of our City want to say "wtf"! I don't recall the "Cuban's" redeveloping or even building what is now South Beach or most of South Florida. Hiealeah or Little Havana - yes, that's all you!

I will also give them credit for bringing us such fine public servants like VNS, Diaz, Souto, Martinez, and the list can go on. And, while you taking credit - take the blame too!

What a waste of broadcast air time!

Anonymous said...

Too bad the Fanjuls aren't featured. Then we could really get an upclose view how polluted Miami is.

Geniusofdespair said...

Marty, it might be true but you can't write that here.

Anonymous said...

Yes Marty. The only comments allowed here that maybe denigrating to people have to be about Natacha Seijas. Thug, Rhinoceros, hippopotamus, fat witch, etc.

Geniusofdespair said...

You don't know what was said.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Frank Carollo is following this program since he broke into Ms. Black's apartment after she ended the affair...LOL!

youbetcha' said...

The Herald took a poll and 81% of the respondents said that this show was bad for Miami's image. Lovely isn't it?

I wonder if 81% percent would believe that our politics are bad for our image. Ahem. I bet not.

Anonymous said...

Genius, your piece is genial! And so was Glenn's, I forgive him the "n's"... I happen to be Cuban, but I didn't even feel touched by these... I don't even know how to define hem! And Cristy Rice, LOL, I nearly suffocated with laughter at being Cuban and having to bear that last name! LOL The whole thing was so hilarious -- but not in a good way -- that I didn't even have to take my usual Lunesta (1 mgm) to fall asleep, I was so exhausted from laughter. Regarding the "Cuban Barbie", we all assume why she's married to her husband, who, by the way, is no Ken! And Marysol Patton, who says she "doesn't like plastic surgery," then... who gave her the Donald Duck lips? Give me a break!