Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tropical Audubon Conservation Workshop September 18. By Geniusofdespair

Tropical Audubon will host its annual conservation workshop this Saturday to set the conservation agenda for the coming year at The Deering Estate. The day will begin with a bird walk at 7 a.m. followed by breakfast at 8 a.m. From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., a series of knowledgeable speakers will discuss conservation issues.

I would skip the bird walk -- too early and show up for the food at 8 am. This is a very informative and IMPORTANT workshop to attend. Try to be there. There are UDB issues among other things, great speakers and plenty of free food -- breakfast and lunch!!! That always gets me there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the members/supporters of Tropical Audubon know that Lynda Bell was vehemently opposed to naming a new school in Homestead after John J. Audubon. She gave no intelligent reason why she was against it, but she was.

Anonymous said...

Tropical Audubon is great group. They always care about Biscayne Bay issues. The speakers sound good, I will probably make it later but I am going to go. Thanks.

youbetcha' said...

I was wondering if the birds would be up at 7 am. I would like to go to the 8:30 thing.