Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Looking Back at Eyeonmiami. By Geniusofdespair

Looking back on my birthday at blogging (I tend to tabulate on birthdays), this one makes it 4,340 that we have posted on this blog. I wrote about 2,260 and Gimleteye wrote about 1,567. I say 'about' because that doesn't add up to more than 3,827. So, we might have forgotten our label on some because we only show 113 guest blogs. We have posted 263 on Natacha Seijas and almost 200 on Amendment 4, Florida Hometown Democracy.

Around election day in 2006 we started this blog, so we are going into our 5th year soon. We have had almost a million and half pages viewed and have terrific search engine numbers. Is it all worth it? Honestly, I have to say no, because: 1) Too much work goes into a blog, 2) Some of you out there are annoying, and 3) There is no money going into my pocket.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your blog is your yearly gift to the residents.

Anonymous said...

The public service you give your community, although not always fair and balanced, makes your blog worth it EOM! Happy Birthday.

WOOF said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh.

We love you and the blog...

We serve-up headaches to you that other people have to pretend that they don't want, and you can freely whine about them causing blog-envy.

Happy Birthday.

I am proud to be an Eye on Miami groupie.

Mensa said...

The good you do far outweighs any problem with you working your heart out for all of us. No amount of money would be enough to cover your excellent blog.

Anonymous said...

1) too much work. 2) annoying people. 3) no money.
sounds like my life.
keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

is woof Greg?

CATO said...

I look Forward to the Pictures of Natasha.....I'm anxiuosly awaiting the thong swimsuit edition featuring, VNS, Rebeca Sosa and Linda Bell.

Happy Bday
Keep up the good work!

Geniusofdespair said...

Woof is not Greg.

Geniusofdespair said...

Greg who?

Anonymous said...

Genius, I've read your birthday piece with mixed feelings, and I don't really know what to make of your thoughts. Are you threatening to abandon your 'electorate'? I hope not. EOM is important to this community -- you have to know that the most substantial residents follow it -- and your voice is too valuable. Wish you many happy birthdays, and...
Roses are red,
and violets are blue...
and we really don't want
to do without you!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Thanks for immersing yourself in local doings and sharing a useful viewpoint.

Geniusofdespair said...

I don't know what to make of my thoughts either. I guess I am taking this day to sort out some things in my own head. But thank you for the birthday wishes - much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I say "Roses are red, violets are blue,
Sugar,(knowledge) is sweet,
and so are you.
We need you to mind the store
and to keep the foxes at bay

Riley