Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rally against Oil Drilling on June 26th. By Geniusofdespair


The Miami Herald reported that "pie-sized tar patties washed up on Okaloosa County shores, some of the most pristine in Florida." The Republican rich county should rethink their support of oil drilling. But, somehow they will blame it on Obama. As the oil sludge meanders down our Florida Coast (let's hope it stays on the West Coast) people in Miami have organized a rally.

Hands Across the Sand is a global event set to unite millions of people who want to urge our leaders to pursue renewable, safer forms of energy and stop future offshore drilling. Meet up on Saturday, June 26, between 10:30am - 12:30pm at South Beach, 5th and Ocean (on the sand). Show your solidarity (Go people: these events are always fun...). I think that is the same day as the Miami Pizza Crawl so my schedule is conflicted. What should I do, Eat? Protest?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much has Panhandle spoiler St Joe Paper contributed to the clean-up effort?

CATO said...

I want to anounce a Rally against automobiles please join me in Hands across Detroit, followed by a rally against electricity join me at Hands across the FPL Facility, followed by Living in a cave going pre-historic.
Let me enjoy the ac with my kids while we still can
Happy Fathers Day!