Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Miami Herald Sucks: I Was Censored. By Geniusofdespair


The Miami Herald called my comment supporting the Mayor "ABUSIVE" and took it down.

What did I say that was so abusive? I wrote that the Mayor had to deal with a shi--y commission. Yes, I did not write the word shitty, I used dashes. After that comment, I qualified it by listing the Commissioners who were not shi--y. Anyway, now I have to wear the ABUSIVE label on the Herald site so the Miami Herald will wear the SHITTY Miami Herald label here in my posts. They can also wear: Miami Herald Sucks...and the Miami Herald is abusive since THEY have printed the word they censored me for, 'Shit,' on their site -- without dashes yet!

They have a bogus censorship policy since I found 3 examples of 'shit' on the Miami Herald website (I also found two examples of the more offensive word 'fuck' in a search of their site, see above):


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! WTF? To hell with that SHITTY paper.

Anonymous said...

They do have a lot of things that they can dump your comment on

Geniusofdespair said...

Last reader that I dumped, yep, censorship is fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am not sure how the "abusive police" work at the Herald. It seems pretty quirky when they can refer to something as "kick-ass" on their entertainment pages, but censor the word bestiality when you are responding to an idiot who just linked homosexuals and "having sex with animals" in his post (without censorship)! I consider the one or two times I have been deemed as abusive as a badge of honor.

Anonymous said...

They dumped my comments once and I did not use any profanity. I am not really sure why they took it off - other than to pander to those who purchase advertisements. It was on the Lowes thing a few years back. I was really surprised.

Wolfie said...

Whenever I see an especially good argument for the other side, I always hit the complaint button. I then laugh very hard when I see the comment disappear. I think the system works very well!

Maggie said...

It's ironic that Genius complains of censorship on the Herald site when he routinely censors opinions on this one.