Sunday, August 16, 2009

From the Road. By Geniusofdespair


I am in Michigan, where this photo was taken. You can tell you are in Michigan because whenever you ask someone where a place is they hold up their palm and point to a place on their hand. I am told that Michigan looks like a hand but when someone points to a finger joint, it is meaningless to me but I nod politely as I listen to what they are saying. While someone was going through this hand thing tonight, I was wondering why he had one finger that was darker than the others and completely spaced out on what he was telling me. Woodstock is alive and well in my brain today.

On Wednesday I was carded at the Downtown Grill & Brewery on Gay Street in Knoxville. Really! They have $2 draft beer till 8 p.m. I Recommend it for those two things alone, but the food was good too. Can't say I enjoyed Montgomery's ribs in Cincinnati as much. Having fun eating my way up the coast (Michigan's produce is the best) glad none of you are here.

2 comments:

CB said...

You should try out Harveys on the Bay in the upper eastside of Miami. $3 drafts all the time. As a bonus it's in this cool old American Legion building. And for trivia, it's named after Harvey W. Seeds, the first Miami soldier killed in WWI.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/harveys-by-the-bay-miami

Geniusofdespair said...

Harvey's is a place I have been to many many times. It is not always open, they don't really have a restaurant, it is catering only, and the Air Conditioner is hard to crank up. I don't go just for beer. I can do beer at home.