Wednesday, June 03, 2009

North Miami Election Results: Andre Pierre is Mayor. By Geniusofdespair


(FOR 2011 RESULTS HIT OUR MASTHEAD)

Immigration Lawyer Andre D. Pierre (pictured) is the new Mayor with 2,870 votes, or 53.2%. Frank Wolland got 2,525 votes or 46.8%. Michael Blynn narrowly retained his seat on the Council, he won by 14 votes.

Didn't like Frank's campaign manager Mike Caputo but I like Frank. I think in some ways the Biscayne Landing Development interests influenced the election against Frank with funding to other candidates. However, it is sort of "developer" payback as Mike Caputo has been a shill for the development industry, attacking Hometown Democracy. Karma return, watch your friends Frank. I hope Pierre does a good job. Don't know him or anything about him.

10 comments:

South Florida Lawyers said...

I know Andre, he's a very solid lawyer and I am sure will be a good Mayor.

Anonymous said...

Caputo has no compunction about lying. He's bought and paid for the paradise pavers. Read about his antics at:

www.floridahometowndemocracy.com

Mensa said...

Those who backed Andre also lied and did terrible things. Among those was a lying phone call that I and my neighbors received.

Anonymous said...

Andre and his wife are lovely people. He ran a very positive campaign. He did not resort to the negative, ugly and guerilla warfare-like tactics used by the Wolland camp.
As for Mr. Caputo, he was a key operative in Wolland's campaign. Birds of a feather comes to mind. Let's wish Mr. Pierre well and move on.

Anonymous said...

The picture you're using at the top of this blog of Mayor-elect Pierre was from a campaign/PAC website smearing Mr. Pierre by his opponent. It was obviously used b/c it is unflattering. Mr. Pierre used a rather nice, smiling photo in his campaign literature. I'm sure you're resourceful enough to obtain that photo and replace the one you have. Just a friendly suggestion since you always strive to play fair :)

Geniusofdespair said...

GET REAL!
This photo is from his law firm webiste.

I play very fair, look at Natacha's photo today!! Actually I think it is flattering photo of him. He looks determined and strong.
www.pierrelawfirm.com/

South Florida Lawyers said...

I think the photo is fine -- the guy doesn't take a bad picture.

Anonymous said...

Mea culpa...the first time I saw this picture of Mr. Pierre was on a PAC website e-blast and they had photo-shopped it. Still, there is a much better one in his campaign literature. He is quite handsome, indeed. Also, you do play fair, which is why I read you.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Frank lost! Great 4 NM.

Geniusofdespair said...

I like the photo, it is different. I hate the airbrushed head shots. This photo suits my taste.