Thursday, May 07, 2009

Put Your Money Up to Make It Better in Miami! By Geniusofdespair

Many of you are too shy to collect petition signatures but you have money to help a PAC to pay for petition collectors. Think about investing money in better government in Miami. Keep that wallet open for Gimenez's PAC on the transportation tax (If he forms a PAC).

Another use for your money, help Beba Mann (This is a link) who is running for City of Miami Commissioner. Have you given to her campaign? Why not? So what if she is not in your district, she can make a difference. We have to start somewhere to get HONEST people in office that aren't beholden to lobbyists. Let's start with Beba. When an honest person steps up to the plate, they need all the help they can get. We can't keep saying "Elect good people" and then we don't fund them so they don't have a fighting chance. That is like those anti-abortion people that say "Have the baby, have the baby" and then once the baby is born they are no where to be found to help the mother and baby. Mensa: Send Beba money! You are always saying good people should run. Everyone who can afford it, give her a hundred bucks. Tell her G.o.D. of E.o.M. thinks it is important. For those who can't afford it: Send her $10. It means a lot. Step up or stop whining.

7 comments:

Gimleteye said...

I sent in my contribution on her website.

Anonymous said...

Beba, congratulations on running and best of luck. I will send a check.

Your mom is so elegant. I love that vintage photo on your website. She looks like Jackie O there!

Anonymous said...

Beba Mann would make a great Commissioner. I will send money.

Mensa said...

You are so right and I did contribute.

Anonymous said...

Beba rocks. I guess I can send a little more.

Anonymous said...

Geniusofdespair:

Thank you very much for your vote of confidence and support! Running a grassroots campaign, one that does not depend on donations from special interest, is hard work. I was told that I would not have a chance since grassroots campaigning was ineffective; we are all talk and no action. Today my confidence has been renewed as my on-line donations have already picked up thanks to your support!

The only way for me to reach voters with my message, and reach my goal of making a positive difference in the City of Miami, is with the help of Miamians like you and your readers.

Again, thank you!
Beba

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beba for stepping up to run.