Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Everyone! By Geniusofdespair

I think everyone can celebrate Mother's Day because everyone has a mother so I will celebrate my mom who died at Jackson Memorial Hospital about 12 years ago. This is a woman who could work miracles in the fix-it department, armed only with a bobby-pin. I will be dining with my mother-in-law today (sigh). Her fine motor skills are long gone. I am sure a bobby-pin would be lost on her. She is instead obsessed with using the correct spoon for eating ice cream. No, the teaspoon will not do. I am always sent back to the kitchen to search for the ice cream spoons. My mother, on the other hand, could eat ice cream with a fork.

The most important thing about Mother's Day in Florida is that it reminds us of the end of stone crab season. Only 5 days left! If you really like stone crabs, or your mom has made that Mother's Day/stone crab connection, may I suggest this $395 pendant that suspiciously looks like something else (sans diamond area).

What are you doing today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having stone crabs today. Best part of mother's day!

sigh said...

cleaning house? just doing a mom's job.

Anonymous said...

Mother's Day in Marathon. We got stonecrabs and ate on our balcony looking out on Florida Bay. When I read this blog, sometimes I wonder why we stay in south florida. Five minutes on that balcony, and I never want to leave.

Anonymous said...

quite the falice

m