Saturday, January 17, 2009

Obama’s Whistle Stop Train Ride to Washington. By Geniusofdespair

Finally, it has hit me: Today! The 8 years of the worst president in my lifetime is finally almost over.

I was at the health club on the treadmill watching the train go by on a muted TV. Obama raised his hand and waved from the back car. I am hardly patriotic but on seeing him, it was a profound moment for me. Watching him silently wave I was, as Mike Myers would say: Faklempt! Or, as you might understand better: Overwhelmed with joy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

More because of the end of GWB or incoming BHO, you think?

Geniusofdespair said...

Both.

Anonymous said...

Fair point.
Was listening to BHO the other day and realized it was nice to have a leader that didn't make me cringe.

Anonymous said...

Cannot agree more. A truly remarkable event to see yet one that is bound to be eclipsed by Tuesday! Yipee!

out of sight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
out of sight said...

I am scared for our nation because of the job losses, economy and the wars, but I am mesmerized by what is unfolding before us.