Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jorge E. Cueto Running for Circuit Court Judge. By Geniusofdespair

Although I endorsed his opponent, I forget why, Jorge Cueto (endorsed by the Miami Herald) wrote and I am including his background. I like that he is on the Citizens Independent (joke part: they are not "independent" of the County Commission, no board is) Transportation Trust (ITT) and that he bothered to write to tell me about himself:

• I am a reader of your blog. (That impressed me big-time)
• I have been a lawyer for 16 years and am presently a prosecutor in the Public Corruption Unit of the State Attorney's Office
• I am also a member of the CITT, so I have an intimate knowledge of our transit.

Use your own judgement because Judges are hard to endorse, they are not allowed to talk about their cases or their views. I am told by other members fo the CITT that he is very quiet. Get talking Jorge!

3 comments:

out of sight said...

I met this guy at a community meeting out in Kendall. He was not really out campaigning as much as he was watching to see what was what out in the community.

He seems very attentive and very polite.

Anonymous said...

I met Jorge several weeks ago. He has a tremendous background and seemed like a modest and responsible guy. He has my support

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Cueto would be an asset to the judicial bench.