Saturday, May 24, 2008

I wanted to go to South Beach but Ended up in Mary Brickell Village. By Geniusofdespair

I like wandering around South Beach's Lincoln Road after dinner. There is a lot of activity and I like to walk after a meal. Being the third wheel, I somehow ended up in Brickell Village. It is not a real Village. It has restaurants and that is about it. You can’t go anywhere except to another restaurant and for me, one is enough. I like to eat just about anything (even lima beans) or anywhere for a reasonable price (I don’t like to go over $22 for an entrée).

I have been to Rosa Mexicano 3 times. I have never actually eaten there but I did hold onto that electronic thing once for 20 minutes. Definitely on my ick list is Badrutt’s Place. Jean Marc Oudin was dismissive. Badrutt's is a trendy, not worth my business sort of place. I never saw Balans although it is suppose to be there somewhere. Would have gone there. The Oceanaire Seafood Room is too expensive. Roma Organic Gelato charges $4 for a small scoop of not that great gelato, in my opinion, especially at that price. I went to a pizza joint. The pizza was good. The service was crappy and the disco music in the next room was loud. Won’t go back unless I sit outside.

I have one restaurant I like in Brickell Village: Perricone's Marketplace. Owner, Steve, is actually an Italian running an Italian restaurant. He is always a friendly host and I once complained about the pasta and he was pretty interested in making a change. He has great hair, but last time I was there he was bald. Go figure. Hit read more... Perricone's is by far the best value, best décor (rustic), and my favorite for food in Brickell Village. I have been there dozens of times for lunch and dinner and never had to wait. Don’t skip desert. You can look at the cakes in the deli area first and discuss them with the people behind the counter. You can also get up and choose your wine from the shelves. It has outdoor dining with air conditioning and there is live music that doesn't overwhelm your ability to converse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Badrott either.

Anonymous said...

Chemotheraphy?

Anonymous said...

More likely another man shaving his head because all the other lemmings are doing it.
Note to men-it doesn't look good.
This has been a topic of conversation at my workplace,where the there is a predominance of Lemming men. Most of them looked just fine,even with natural baldness patterns that happen as they age. Then they all seemed to decide that shaved bald is beautiful and shaved heads now rule.Mostly we have a bunch of oddly shaped heads with ears sticking out to look at,so we stopped looking.

Miami-Forum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miami-Forum said...

Roma Organic Gelato has some really good flavors, even at $4. a scoop.

But you're right on about the Pizza place. The service is horrendous!

Geniusofdespair said...

I ordered chocolate and it had a mint flavor. I hate mint in my chocolate. It was not good.