Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Color change for Performing Arsht Center, by gimleteye


We've had a lot of comments about the new Wyland-inspired concrete median divider on the 18 Mile Stretch. The Miami Herald responded with a story of its own. Wyland seemed slightly defensive. Anyhow, the color is growing on me, like pink in "The Cat in the Hat". Driving past the Performing Arsht Center the other day, I realized what the Center needs is a paint job. It would change my whole attitude to that sore thumb. I nominate the Wyland Median Strip Color. Do you agree?

Type the rest of the post here

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink...pussycat. Robbin's egg blue is for boys.

swampthing said...

urban camouflage or britto-barf? a little levity is good for eye.

Anonymous said...

how about a paint job based on the same motif workers at the airport are sporting? remember, the quote from the vile one, something to the effect of "my maid dresses better than that" ..what better way to "honor" the vile one than to splash that all over the PAC! maybe she'd leave town for good.

Anonymous said...

Any color with life instead of the current beige. Its a place of creativity, not a jail.

Anonymous said...

the blue makes the twins look like a jail

Anonymous said...

NO! lol
Its perfect how its right now. ;)

Anonymous said...

That color isn't half bad on the Arsht Center. I think I like it. I might paint my house that color too, my car, my dog, etc.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Miami Vice blue.

Anonymous said...

no thing to do with britto, please...im soooo over britto and his stupid stick figures..all style and no substance, perfect for miami.

Anonymous said...

FPL's Cutler Power Plant north of the Deering Estate is the same color.

Anonymous said...

You know, the first time I saw that median, it was a cloudy day, and the thing really stuck out like a sore thumb, and my wife and were laughing that some county commissioner's cousin must have had a huge overstock of turqoise paint.

But I later saw it on a beautiful, sunny day, and it really did look nice against the turqoise water in the background.