Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Was Lobbyist Ron Book at Slots Victory Party? by Geniusofdespair

The photo above was on the cover of the B Section of the Herald (I didn't scan left side of photo). Half cut out of the photo printed in the Herald, appears to be Lobbyist Ron Book. Why wasn't he attending a celebration of a Candidate? I think we know. I went over the campaign expenditures to see what he got out of the slots political action committee "Yes for a Greater Miami Dade". My results for payments to Book's Urban Initiatives, although the only officer is Willis Howard, were staggering. While on the website, I also looked at Political Operative, Al Lorenzo's Quantum Results. Also staggering payments.

There were so many entries for both, I am NOT going to add them up. In a highly unusual circumstance, I am publishing my notes. Maybe someone will add them up for me. I am not going to add for readers for no money. Just looking quickly, did Book bill for about a half million and Lorenzo for less? BTW, I didn't realize I would need a real big piece of paper to do this. (Hit image to enlarge).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius
I made reference to this last week on another post but I guess you had not noticed. The amount of the payments and the volume are staggering, I have never seen anything like this. The Books and the Lorenzo's made a mint (hit the jackpot. Now more people will be able to go and lose their hard earned money, but at least our State and County will benefit.

Anonymous said...

I sure wish you did not show me this. When I did not see Ron's name I was so happy that he had finally stayed out of a fight that I was in. Oh well, hope blooms eternal in the human heart.

Anonymous said...

this is America folks, people have a right to make a living

Geniusofdespair said...

i noticed, I just can't do it all. I get to it eventually. And the photo made it timely. Add my numbers for me. Help out.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. You know, an excel spreadsheet might make your work easier! Go Ron Book... he must feel like the guy who invented the first cow automatic milking machine.

Anonymous said...

It adds up to over a cool $1.500 million.

Anonymous said...

Squeeze, squeeze. Drip, drip.

Anonymous said...

Disgusting. As usual, Ron Book takes money from criminals. I accuse anyone who wants to take money from poor people especially the elderly on fixed incomes as criminals. Ron Book should be ashamed.

And who can forget Ron Book owning a company that installed illegal billboards in Miami-Dade County at the same time he was working for Miami-Dade County? Conflict of interest anyone?

Anonymous said...

David Rivera looks pretty pumped, too. And in his State Rep shirt. Tacky.

Is he a paid consultant on this or is he just a real big fan of the dog races?

Sad that Flagler Dog track gets to live, but Hialeah racetrack pretty much had its fate sealed.

Anonymous said...

and by the way, what exactly is the map he is holding up? I realize its Dade County but, whats with the green and red? Where there two strategies? Am I an innie or an outie? A shark or a jet? Do the reds get social services commercials and the greens get economic impact mailings?

What the hell is that map???

Geniusofdespair said...

I am a Jet, from my first cigarette to my last dying day (it's a West Side Story thing). Don't know the significance of the map though.

I thank the kind reader for adding the numbers.

Other reader, get serious with the xcel sheet. I don't keep this stuff. I was just jotting down numbers at my computer, who could have imagined there would be this many entries. It was a real surprise to me, I would have used a yellow note pad if I knew how many entries there were.

out of sight said...

Dang.

I now know that being a brain surgeon is not as profitable as some things. And they don't have pay the liability insurance either!