Thursday, July 05, 2007

Most of my friends don’t read this blog by Geniusofdespair

A stranger came up to me at a function and said: “Are you Genius of Despair?” Turns out the person was a regular reader. Strangers read this blog, reporters read it, the Vile Natacha Seijas reads it, developers read it, the Chamber obviously reads it yet some of my closest friends don’t. How do I know? Because they start discussing an issue with me and my retort: "I already blogged about that last week." Blank stare. I posted a picture from my sister's wedding last week and my dinner guests last night never saw it, however a relative in New York called about it. Oh, well, the strangers out there that read Eye make me keep writing. Lunkhead, Mensa and all the annon's, all of you -- thanks....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog, Genius of Despair. Thank you for writing, and attempting to change the status quo. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for all your hard work and research G.O.D.!!!
And G.E. too !!!

Anonymous said...

I am perplexed. It was my thought that you had a blog name so that no one would know who you actually were.
Now I find you post family pics and am upset when your friends do not know who you are. In my experience if you wish to tell the truth about politicians you damn well not let you real idenity get out because they will find a way to harm you. I have had real harm visited on me back in the days when my name was part of a story. I suggest you keep you idenity to yourself.

Anonymous said...

The Way We Live Now…
Trollope would be impressed. You not only get in your 1000 words before riding to the hounds, you manage to write from atop the horse as well.
(Note to Mensa, re: identity theft… Genius of Despair, a character in a Dickens short story).
Trivia Pursuit

Anonymous said...

yuk yuk - welcome to the internet buddy.

Geniusofdespair said...

i will be more careful mensa...however that photo doesn't tell anyone anything. even my relatives didn't know who they were. no one looks like that anymore. you would never recognize anyone in that group, nor would I, and i think one or two are dead now.

Mambi_Watch said...

Hey I'm here too. I honestly enjoy the posts and read this blog to keep updated.

Congratulations and hope you continue posting.

Geniusofdespair said...

sorry Mambi.. didn't mean to forget you. I see you are still posting...let's see who lasts longer.