Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The County Commission Agenda: $400,000,000 Water & Sewer Bond

Don’t understand the 160 page accompanying document. Actually, didn't really bother trying. I just looked at the number of pages (aghast) and one chart. I can’t imagine the Commissioners reading the PDF attachment either.

The Resolution 072078 (to be heard July 24th) says:
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING ISSUANCE OF NOT TO EXCEED $400,000,000 MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA WATER AND SEWER SYSTEM REVENUE REFUNDING BONDS, SERIES 2007, PURSUANT TO SECTION 209 OF ORDINANCE NO. 93-134, AS AMENDED AND SUPPLEMENTED, FOR REFUNDING ALL OR PORTION OF OUTSTANDING WATER AND SEWER SYSTEM REVENUE BONDS, bla, bla, bla. Read it yourself.

I didn't go to the Wharton School of Business like Ivanka Trump, but It it appears they are refinancing a bond...don’t really know... but I did find the chart (below). Did you know we had a billion and a half dollars of principal amount outstanding? Anyway, when I see big numbers bandied about – I report them. Who knows, as far as I can tell this is a good resolution. Or are we, the County, subprime scum getting into hot water with our borrowing with unscrupulous lenders? Is there a lobbyist involved, that is all I have to know.

No comments: