Friday, April 20, 2007

Property Tax Portability by Geniusofdespair

According to the Anemic Miami Herald House panel passes tax portability bill. I like portability, it helps me -- the hell with the rest of you. I want portability so I can move if I want to, otherwise my property taxes would triple. Hope it goes through. According to reporter Mary Ellen Klas:

"Homeowners trapped by suffocating tax rates and soaring property values would be free to move and take their tax savings with them if voters approve a constitutional amendment under a bill that won bipartisan approval in a key House committee Friday." And:

"The House plan imposes no limit on the amount of tax savings that can be transferred, with one exception: A homeowner can't use the transfer to lower the assessed value beyond the value on the original home."

Vote for it people...for me. Remember, my post yesterday: greed is good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole tax help plan is way beyond me. I can't see how they are gonna fix it any more than they are fixing insurance, health care and half the other stuff they have mucked up over the years.

Geniusofdespair said...

True, confusing and maybe beyond you: but vote on this portability one, it will help me.

Trust me.

Anonymous said...

Vote on portability and allow you to leave Miami - no way.
There will never be an income tax in FL, they will shut all of the schools and universities before they tax all of those Bush made incomes.

Geniusofdespair said...

I won't leave Flori-duh Anonymous...I want to move somewhere else within Miami.

Anonymous said...

The Herald's news offering is anemic because it's busy reporting on important stuff masquerading as news like Publix having a two for one special on Raisin Bran (see Friday's issue). Any ounce of credibility this paper had is gone. Oh buy the way, two for one on Welches Grape Juice too!

Anonymous said...

Is it two for one or buy one, pay for two? Just like in the development world is there any real difference to selling houses or ceral?

Anonymous said...

Hypocrisy rules now in Surfside. Learn about an example of how greed and selfish politicians can deceive a community and turn it from good to bad. Very bad. Find the blog about Corruption in Surfside Florida and read all about its infamaus mayor Charles Burkett and his lies, stunts, and tricks. The epitomy of a sleezy politician. Everyone needs to know how a town, city, or community can be so wrongly manipulated. Read the entire blog there, and pass the word.

Anonymous said...

Financial crisis exists for states, cities, banks, mortgage companies, auto manufacturers, home builders, and most most painfully the workers and families of Florida. Local governments seem to make things worse instead of better.