Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update on Lennar, Latterner and Rosen by Geniusofdespair

I wanted to see what Lennar has been doing the past few months in Miami - during the real estate slump. I thought I should check to see if they are still buying land and indeed they are. I found Lennar has been purchasing blocks of land (every month) from Down Under Doral LLC. This has been going on for the past 6 months. Lennar is paying multi-millions. The purchase is in the Doral area, South of NW 33rd Street, East of NW 104th Avenue. Important? Not really, except, when I looked up the Officers of Down Under Doral, LLC, who should turn up, YET AGAIN, like a bad penny, those same two guys I have been writing about: Michael Latterner and Wayne Rosen.

Are Latterner and Rosen Stuart Miller’s (Lennar's CEO) drinking buddies? Who are these guys Latterner and Rosen and how/why do they always link up to Lennar?

Here is what I think: These 3 developers hung out together during the 70's on Miami Beach. As teens maybe they had a band. Rumor has it that the 3 could be found singing Acapella in front of the Fountainbleau Hotel most nights in 1973. Maybe? Where is a Miami Beach historian when you need one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was 1974 when Miller, Latterner and Rosen did their singing? I remember the trio breakdancing in the early days of Lincoln Road. Miller was particularly good. He was not a good as Kid Freeze but I was told his mentor was one of the best - Zulu Gremlin. Miller did windmills kip ups, swipes, glides and floats. You name it, he could do it. Those were the days.